Managing Volunteers & The Law
16th October, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre has engaged Justice Connect to present a workshop to discuss the legal issues in managing Volunteers.
The Justice Connect Lawyers will focus on the top legal issues you need to be aware of and understand by providing tools and resources to help you confidently administer your volunteer programs.
This workshop will provide information about:
- Defining the volunteer relationship
- Equal opportunity in volunteer recruitment
- The ‘Duty of care’ your organisation owes it volunteers.
- Work health and safety duties
- Child safety requirement
- Legal responsibilities for the actions of volunteers
- Risk management processes
- Reviewing or ending the volunteer relationship
Details: Monday 16 October 2023, 10am – 1pm
Registrations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is provided through funding received through SARC funding from the Australian Government .